Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Proposal for Banning.... Pencils

I heard Anders Gronstedt speak at Training 2008. After a great presentation on Web 2.0 technologies, including a nice visit to Second Life, he wrapped up with a reference to "the Bureacrat Class". You know 'em: the ones in the organization who try to block anything marginally innovative. Finance says everything is "expensive", Legal says it's "too open", and of course IT says it's "too dangerous". (PS: Raise your hand if your organization is being held hostage by its own IT department.)

Meantime this week, in keeping with the same theme, I see that Karl Kapp has comments on schools disabling the very technologies students use most (to discuss education, even).

So for all of you who share the concern and pain of this, check out Doug Johnson's A Proposal for Banning Pencils .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My hand is raised...waving...I am reaching heavenward going "ooh,ooh...see me!"

Anonymous said...

So go check THIS out. Do I hear the sound of many hands waving?
http://www.speedofcreativity.org/2008/02/05/malware-dangers-on-social-networking-sites-used-to-justify-blocking/ .

My arm is getting tired.
Steve